In October we return to St James the Greater for our first post Covid-19 tasting. As this is our first in-person tasting since March 2020, appropriate precautions will be taken.
Some of the very earliest evidence for winemaking comes from Eastern Europe and the Levant. Although in past decades many of these countries have suffered mixed fortunes, there has been a broad reinvigoration in wine making here in recent years. We have experienced this ourselves in the wines of Greece, and now we turn our attention to other previously neglected historical wine areas. Society members will present well-regarded wines supplied by The Wine Society, Majestic and others from countries east of the longitude of Venice. This should be an exciting tasting exploring less familiar territories, which will include some truly exceptional wines.
- The number of attendees will be restricted, so please sign up early to avoid disappointment.
- New members are welcome on payment of the £15 annual subscription in advance of the tasting along with the tasting fee.
- There will be no supper nor supper wines provided. Members are welcome to bring their own food and implements and all items brought must be removed.
- Members are expected to have been fully vaccinated, please consider whether you should attend if this is not the case.
- Members must not attend if they are experiencing COVID symptoms
- The meeting room will have increased ventilation via opened doors and windows
- Members are asked to wear face masks when not seated unless exempt
- Surfaces will be sanitised before entry. Members are asked to use the hand sanitizer provided on entry
- Members are asked to avoid crowding on check-in and on exit
- Spittoons will not be provided, please bring an empty plastic bottle if you need one
Note that this is a “Members Only” which must be paid for in advance. Unfortunately, it is not possible for members to simply turn up on the night, and currently guests cannot be accommodated.