In February we welcome back Lee Evans from Condor Wines, presenting wines from their South American portfolio.
Many thanks to Justin Liddle and Iain Phillips of Mentzendorff for presenting a fantastic range of wines from M. Chapoutier, Rhone Valley, France. We all had a fantastic evening.
Justin Liddle and Iain Phillips, Mentzendorff
- La Combe Pilate 2016
- Saint-Péray “”Les Tanneurs” 2016
- Hermitage “Chante-Aloutte” 2015
- Côtes du Rhône 2016
- Gigondas 2015
- Crozes-Hermitage “Les Meysonniers” 2015
- Châteauneuf-du-Pape “La Bernardine” 2014
- Hermitage “Monier de la Sizeranne” 2012
In January we welcome back Iain Phillips of Mentzendorff presenting wines from M. Chapoutier, Rhone Valley, France.
Note that Members are contacted by a member of the Committee each month to commit to attendance at the tasting. Unfortunately, it is not possible for members or guests to simply turn up on the night owing to space limitations and the need to arrange catering in advance.
Many thanks to James Long from Corney & Barrow for presenting a festive range of wines from their portfolio. We all had a fantastic evening.
James Long, Corney & Barrow
- Guy de Chassey Grand Cru Brut, Montaigne de Reims, France NV\
- Paso la Maza Albariño, Adegas Galegas, DO Rias Baixas, Spain 2016
- Pouilly-Fume Les Chaumiennes, A&E Figeat, France 2016
- Corney & Barrow White Burgundy, Domaine Dominique Cornin, Burgundy, France 2016
- Corney & Barrow Rioja Crianza, Bodega Zugober, Spain 2013
- Corney & Barrow Cotes-du-Rhône, Vignobles Gonnet, France 2015
- Corney & Barrow Pomerol Ets J-P Moueix, France 2014
- Soraie, IGT Veneto, Cecilia Beretta, Italy 2015
- Stickey Mickey Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc, Eradus, Awatere Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand 2014
In December we welcome James Long from Corney & Barrow for our festive Christmas tasting.
More information is available on their website and can be contacted at:
Phone: 01638 600 000
Address: Belvoir House, High Street, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 8DH
Note that this tasting is limited to ticket holders only. Unfortunately, it is not possible for members simply turn up on the night owing to space limitations.
Many thanks to Katie Jones for presenting an excellent range of wines from Domaine Jones. We all enjoyed the entertaining presentation.
Katie Jones with GUWS Chairman John Malpass
- Domaine Jones Grenache Gris 2014
- Les Perles de Jones Carignan Gris 2016
- Domaine Jones Blanc Barrique 2011
- Me & Monsieur Jones Grenache Carignan 2016
- Domaine Jones Grenache 2014
- Domaine Jones Fitou 2014
- Les Perles de Jones Carignan 2013
- Les Perles de Jones Syrah 2014
Many thanks to Scott Edge from Negociants UK for presenting an excellent range of wines from Jim Barry, Australia. We all enjoyed the informative presentation.
- The Veto Riesling 2015
- The Florita Riesling 2012
- The Cover Drive Cabernet Sauvignon 2014
- The Barry Bros Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon 2014
- The Veto Shiraz 2013
- The Veto Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
- Pb Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- The McRae Wood Shiraz 2012
- The Benbournie Cabernet Sauvignon 2012